STC offers a wireless infrastructure throughout all campuses; wireless is accessible inside all buildings for all clients.
STC and the Department of Technology Resources provide wireless access for students, faculty, staff, and guest community users.
STC Also offers eduroam (education roaming): the secure, world-wide roaming access.
Eduroam allows students, researchers and staff from participating institutions to obtain wireless access while in our campuses.
Wireless support is also available for all clients at all STC Campus Libraries and the Help Desk located at the Pecan campus Building M.
Operating systems currently supported are Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OSX, iOS iPhone, iPad, Android, and Blackberry.
How to Connect
- If you are a Windows user, update your laptop’s Anti-Virus software is required.
- Connect to Wi-Fi (To the Wireless Network Connection called: STCsetup.)
- Open a browser window (e.g. Firefox, Internet Explorer) Chrome will not work with the automated configuration tool.
- Navigate to wireless.southtexascollege.edu
- Click on the large purple button.
- Read Guidelines and Policies.
- Follow online instructions.
A user account is automatically generated when a student registers or an employee is hired.
A guest account can be requested through the Help Desk.
STC offers a VPN (Virtual Private Network) service. Remote access VPN connections enable users working at home or on the road to access a server on a private network using the infrastructure provided by STC, such as the Internet.
VPN account is requested by submitting a VPN Request Form through the help desk with 3 required signatures.